ADVERTISEMENT

0 B1G Teams in the Sweet 16?

Cdub2k

Jun 14, 2003
New Orleans, LA
Team
Michigan State
Iowa is getting worked by a 7 seed at the half. LSU is tough opponent so they can easily beat Michigan. Maryland is a 10 seed underdog to a 2 seed. If all three teams lose that’s it folks!

The committee handed the B1G Two 1 Seeds, Two 2 Seeds and One 4 seed.
Despite all of that The B1G might not have any teams in the Sweet 16! If this actually happens this will have to go down as one of the biggest embarrassments in NCAA history for a major conference. 9 teams sent to the dance and 0 makes it out of the 1st weekend.

Iowa is getting worked by a 7 seed at the half. LSU is tough opponent so they can easily beat Michigan. Maryland is a 10 seed underdog to a 2 seed. If all three teams lose that’s it folks!

Despite all of that The B1G might not have any teams in the Sweet 16! If this actually happens this will have to go down as one of the biggest embarrassments in NCAA history for a major conference. 9 teams sent to the dance and 0 makes it out of the 1st weekend.
Remember the year that the big East got 10 in. They had a similar result except UConn that won it.

Don’t project the rest of your dogshit performances on us

i hope they all lose today. Feel my pain. Actually, Maryland can win. It would be pretty funny that our 8th best team made it and no one else did.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Remember the year that the big East got 10 in. They had a similar result except UConn that won it.

Without looking it up I do remember them getting 10ish teams into the field and they all shit the bed except for 1 team. That was back when the Big East had expanded to a mega conference I believe and they were seen as the best conference in the league.

Reactions: fleckabelly
If we as a conference produce 0 sweet sixteen teams, while being the perceived best conference coming in, it would arguably be the most embarrassing performance by a major conference ever, if you look at perception coming in.

I'd lol.

Was cute when you thought you could compete with Baylor.

Did I say we would win? No.

I said if we shot 50% we'd have a chance. We didn't quite get there but were close. Game was lost on turnovers in the first half. 2nd half was even.

If we as a conference produce 0 sweet sixteen teams, while being the perceived best conference coming in, it would arguably be the most embarrassing performance by a major conference ever, if you look at perception coming in.
You can jump on our bandwagon that overall body of work is more meaningful than a one and done tourney at the end of the year.

Same thing every year. There’s a reason they haven’t won a ship since 2000.

if one of these teams makes it to the Final 4 and lose that's when you can say "same thing every year" because that's how it's been just about every year since 2000. If you're trying to say the B1G performs like they are this year "every year" that's a ridiculous comment because it's no where near the truth.

Reactions: asindc
if one of these teams makes it to the Final 4 and lose that's when you can say "same thing every year" because that's how it's been just about every year since 2000. If you're trying to say the B1G performs like they are this year "every year" that's a ridiculous comment because it's no where near the truth.
I’m speaking merely on the results. Truthfully I could care less about conference honks. I don’t root for single ACC team in the tourney.

Reactions: RR30 and Noahtogo24
I’m speaking merely on the results. Truthfully I could care less about conference honks. I don’t root for single ACC team in the tourney.

As it should be. Conference pride is dumb (though I wouldn't be upset if Alabama wins it).

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT