ADVERTISEMENT

“College is BS”

Karl Malone played one season in La after he joined AARP and 18 seasons in Utah son. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Did you seriously call me son? How do I not know what I’m talking about. Malone left Utah to create a “super team” in LA with Shaq, Kobe, and Gary Payton in an effort to win championships. It only lasted a year because it was a total disaster and the entire roster was blown up at the end of the season.

Reactions: sgrooms
Did you seriously call me son? How do I not know what I’m talking about. Malone left Utah to create a “super team” in LA with Shaq, Kobe, and Gary Payton in an effort to win championships. It only lasted a year because it was a total disaster and the entire roster was blown up at the end of the season.
It lasted one year because Karl Malone retired

It lasted one year because Karl Malone retired

Ummmm no. Karl Malone retired because the lakers became a circus. Kobe was a free agent at the end of the season and refused to re-sign until Shaq was traded to the Heat. And Phil Jackson ended up quitting because of how much chaos there was on the team and because he didn’t get along with the then gm.

Never remember MJ doing that. Seemed like he played for the Bulls quite some time. You never saw Magic or Larry whining about how bad their teammates are.

Because they joined loaded teams and/or drafted high caliber players in the following years...

Magic joined the Lakers who already had Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jamaal Wilkes, Bob McAdoo. Within the next few seasons, they added young talent in James Worthy (#1 overall pick in 82 draft), Byron Scott (#3 pick in 83 draft), AC Green (#23 pick in 85 draft), etc.

Larry Bird joined the Celtics who had Pistol Pete, Tiny Archibald, Cedric Maxwell, and the following year they added #3 overall Kevin McHale, signed Robert Parish, drafted Danny Ainge in 82, signed Dennis Johnson in 83, drafted Sam Vincent in 85, drafted Reggie Louis in 88, etc.

Because they joined loaded teams and/or drafted high caliber players in the following years...

Magic joined the Lakers who already had Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jamaal Wilkes, Bob McAdoo. Within the next few seasons, they added young talent in James Worthy (#1 overall pick in 82 draft), Byron Scott (#3 pick in 83 draft), AC Green (#23 pick in 85 draft), etc.

Larry Bird joined the Celtics who had Pistol Pete, Tiny Archibald, Cedric Maxwell, and the following year they added #3 overall Kevin McHale, signed Robert Parish, drafted Danny Ainge in 82, signed Dennis Johnson in 83, drafted Sam Vincent in 85, drafted Reggie Louis in 88, etc.
Still no whining about how bad their teammates are.

You quoted me and then came back with some pretty random stuff
not random just the facts about the players and what it was like when they played.

the 1 n done have gotten out of control. let those that think they are good enough to go pro out of HS go, then those that don't make it let alone get drafted. hopefully it will send a loud and clear msg to the wanna be's that they might not be has good as they think the are and go to and stay in school.

its people like you that want these players go to college for 1 year then don't care one whit about those same players if they crash and burn.

Huh?

Michael Jordan won consensus National Player of the Year in 1983-84, and won ACC POY in that season, and was a 1st Team All America that season (as well as the 1983 season)
and yet Worthy was drafted by the Lakers before the Bulls chose MJ. I only posted he was not the best player on his team. the Lakers didn't agree on who was better.

Ummmm no. Karl Malone retired because the lakers became a circus. Kobe was a free agent at the end of the season and refused to re-sign until Shaq was traded to the Heat. And Phil Jackson ended up quitting because of how much chaos there was on the team and because he didn’t get along with the then gm.
Malone retired
not random just the facts about the players and what it was like when they played.

the 1 n done have gotten out of control. let those that think they are good enough to go pro out of HS go, then those that don't make it let alone get drafted. hopefully it will send a loud and clear msg to the wanna be's that they might not be has good as they think the are and go to and stay in school.

its people like you that want these players go to college for 1 year then don't care one whit about those same players if they crash and burn.
do you just put words in everyone mouth? When did I say half of that?

and yet Worthy was drafted by the Lakers before the Bulls chose MJ. I only posted he was not the best player on his team. the Lakers didn't agree on who was better.

Yea you're just talking out of your ass now.

Worthy was drafted as a Junior, in 1982. Jordan's freshman year. Jordan was drafted as a Junior, in 1984 - 2 years after Worthy was already gone.

Still no whining about how bad their teammates are.

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Shaquille O’Neal all played for multiple different teams. Every one of them are considered all time greats.

I stated my opinion on these 1 n done players, get rid of the 1 n done rule, College BB will be better off with out them

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Shaquille O’Neal all played for multiple different teams. Every one of them are considered all time greats.
I don’t remember any of those guys acting like babies. Like I said before Karl Malone in LA one season doesn’t cut it. He was old. How are you going to put Wilt, Kareem, Moses, Scotty, Ewing and Garnett in there with Lebrun. It’s really not fair.

they are the few of NBA Players they are also the exception and not the rule.
if everybody was as good as MJ then MJ would not be MJ, same with Wilt if eveybody was as good then Wilt would be average.

they are considered all time greats BECAUSE nobody were their ='s. when 1 retires its not long before steps in to fill the void. this has been happening for as long as BB as existed.

Jon Teske is up to shooting 36% from three in conference play. I think he's playing as well as Wagner did last year which is pretty crazy.
Admittedly, I don't watch that much of Michigan's games, so this isn't a knock on him, it's more of a compliment to Wagner. But, I will be floored if he's playing even remotely close to how Wagner was playing! You definitely know that team a hell of a lot more than I do, so I'll take you at your word. But, imo Wagner did so much more for that team then any stat book will ever say. He was the perfect example of a teammate who will bring a team up a couple of levels when things got stressful.

I don’t remember any of those guys acting like babies. Like I said before Karl Malone in LA one season doesn’t cut it. He was old. How are you going to put Wilt, Kareem, Moses, Scotty, Ewing and Garnett in there with Lebrun. It’s really not fair.
put those same players in their prime and yes they would be able to play against LeBron.

you are talking about those players beyond their prime playing days.

Nothing selfish about it. Its why we're fans. I dont understand this new mentality where we're supposed to be about the player getting paid. IDGAF, they arent going to give me millions.
Honestly, I've got to admit....I've never thought about it this way before. Usually that means its because it's a crazy stupid idea lol, but this is a good one.

Who acts like a baby now?

Charles Barkley demanded a trade from the Suns

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/15/?v=6&n=f

Shaq demanded a trade from the Lakers.

Kobe demanded a trade, but they brought in Pau Gasol to appease him.

Hakeem the Dream demanded a trade and faked a hamstring injury. The Rockets still didn't trade him though:

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/18/?v=6&n=f

Wilt Chamberlain demanded a trade:

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/19/?v=6&n=f

Kareem Abdul Jabbar demanded a trade, which is how he got to the Lakers;

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/20/?v=6&n=f

Who acts like a baby now?

Charles Barkley demanded a trade from the Suns

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/15/?v=6&n=f

Shaq demanded a trade from the Lakers.

Kobe demanded a trade, but they brought in Pau Gasol to appease him.

Hakeem the Dream demanded a trade and faked a hamstring injury. The Rockets still didn't trade him though:

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/18/?v=6&n=f

Wilt Chamberlain demanded a trade:

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/19/?v=6&n=f

Kareem Abdul Jabbar demanded a trade, which is how he got to the Lakers;

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-wanted-off-their-team/20/?v=6&n=f
Don't forget about Scottie Pippen refusing to go in for the final play during a playoff game because he wasn't going to take the final shot.

Hard to whine when your team wins the NBA Championship your rookie season (for Magic)...

And then Bird's Celtics won the title the following season...

What is there to complain about, for those 2?
Sorry bud, but you're seriously off base on this one. The 90's had better and bigger stars then today...and I don't think its really that close.

Think about it for a second...

Jordan, pippen, Rodman, Barkley, malone, Stockton, Miller, Ewing, drexler, Hakeem, Isaiah and all of the "bad boys" in Detroit ,magic, Kareem, worthy, the celtics dynasty , David Robinson....I could easily go on for another 20 minutes naming the stars back then for the league.

As someone else said previously, the problem now is these guys are only staying in college for 1 year and because of this they're not able to build their brand organically with great play. Instead, they hire people to make a bunch of videos of them playing and putting it out on social media. Growing up, I hated UK, but I could name almost everyone of their players for the past 5 years...because they were there for 4 years. Now, there's times where I have to really think about who was on their team last year.

That's not a knock on UK, it's a knock on a broken system that they know how to play.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81

If you don’t remember those guys acting like babies it’s most likely because you’re not old enough.

Pippen refused to go into a playoff game for the last possession because Phil drew up a play for Toni Kukoc instead of him. He also had a very public feud with Barkley for many years after their one season together in Houston and he was known for throwing his teammates under the bus.

Barkley forced his way out of two different teams, made the “I’m not a role model” commercial, once threw a guy through a window at a bar and had to apologize after claiming that he hated white people.

Wilt Chamberlain was detested by pretty much every coach and teammate he ever had of which there are many interviews and stories out there to back up.

Shaq was run out of Orlando after fighting with Penny Hardaway and demanding to be the highest paid player in the league. Then was run out of LA after fighting with Kobe.

Sorry bud, but you're seriously off base on this one. The 90's had better and bigger stars then today...and I don't think its really that close.

Think about it for a second...

Jordan, pippen, Rodman, Barkley, malone, Stockton, Miller, Ewing, drexler, Hakeem, Isaiah and all of the "bad boys" in Detroit ,magic, Kareem, worthy, the celtics dynasty , David Robinson....I could easily go on for another 20 minutes naming the stars back then for the league.
LeBron, Durant, Curry, Davis, Harden, Westbrook. Those 6 names are as good or better than many guys on your list. There's plenty of other young stars in today's game that will end up being as good or better than those guys on your list. I also have a strong nostalgia for the 1990's but I also recognize that today's players are just as big of stars as the guys in the 1990's were for me.

Also, you can't claim Kareem or the Celtics dynasty for the 1990's.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan

Half of this list is bunk... Kareem played exactly 0 games in the 90's... he retired in 89.

Larry Bird played 3 seasons in the 90's (90-92) and the Celtics dynasty won 0 titles in that span... they never even made the NBA finals again after 87.

Magic retired in 1991. Lakers won a title in 88, and then not again until the 2000's.

The Bad Boys had a nice run in the late 80's, but it ended with the rise of the Bulls with Jordan in 1990. The Pistons didn't win another Eastern Conf title until 2004.

That's not a knock on any of those guys or teams... but you just named 16 players, of which a chunk of them did nothing after 1990 (Bad Boys, Magic and the Lakers, Bird and the Celtics).

So you named what, 10 other players over the course of 2 decades (mid-80's to mid-2000's) that were 'stars' ? 3 of them being on the Bulls (Jordan Pippen Rodman), 2 of them on the Jazz that never won anything, 2 of them on the Rockets that only won a title because Jordan retired, and 3 others that never won a title (Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, and Barkley), and David Robinson.

Huh??? Teske has improved from last year quite a bit, but he isn't even close to being the player Wagner was last year. Moe did a lot more than just hit 3s. He was also routinely taking guys off the dribble from the 3pt line in. I'm not even sure Teske knows how to dribble.

Conference per game stats

Wagner:
13.9 ppg
7.1 rpg
0.7 apg
0.9 spg
0.8 bpg
.517 from the field
.417 from three

Teske:
11.1 ppg
7.1 ppg
0.9 apg
0.8 spg
2.3 bpg
.534 from the field
.364 from three

Wagner has the slight edge in numbers but Teske is an elite defender while Wagner was very average. Overall their impact is pretty similar.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, he clearly isn't talking about his time at Kentucky but more his overall views on the exploitations of the NCAA. I agree and disagree but certainly understand his view (which is more relevant than mine).

He actually goes on in that interview to say that he had a great experience at Kentucky. Think it’s more out of principal. Players can’t go to NBA. College is next best option. NCAA exploits that as much as they can. He’s calling that out. Hard to argue with.

I like college basketball so much more than the NBA, so I selfishly hate that the ultimate goal is the nba. I want the ultimate goal to be an ncaa championship :(
I don't watch the NBA. It is not a good game in my book.

Williamson should come back and play his heart out for Duke. If he is only in it for himself then he will screw up the NBA team that drafts him.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: toonces11
If you don’t remember those guys acting like babies it’s most likely because you’re not old enough.

Pippen refused to go into a playoff game for the last possession because Phil drew up a play for Toni Kukoc instead of him. He also had a very public feud with Barkley for many years after their one season together in Houston and he was known for throwing his teammates under the bus.

Barkley forced his way out of two different teams, made the “I’m not a role model” commercial, once threw a guy through a window at a bar and had to apologize after claiming that he hated white people.

Wilt Chamberlain was detested by pretty much every coach and teammate he ever had of which there are many interviews and stories out there to back up.

Shaq was run out of Orlando after fighting with Penny Hardaway and demanding to be the highest paid player in the league. Then was run out of LA after fighting with Kobe.
Solid points, I can’t recall Wilt. I just didn’t see these guys trashing their teammates and demanding trades left and right. I don’t think LeBron is trash I just think he is a bit of a baby. And you have a lovely bell tower by the way! Go Pack!

Solid points, I can’t recall Wilt. I just didn’t see these guys trashing their teammates and demanding trades left and right. I don’t think LeBron is trash I just think he is a bit of a baby. And you have a lovely bell tower by the way! Go Pack!

If you didn’t see it it’s because you weren’t looking. Nba stars have always been divas.

I like college basketball so much more than the NBA, so I selfishly hate that the ultimate goal is the nba. I want the ultimate goal to be an ncaa championship :(
I agree. The NBA for died with Jordan's last game. It then resurrected with James and then Curry into a ball hog traveling circus. I can hardly watch highlights..To me it mirrors pro wrestling.

Never remember MJ doing that. Seemed like he played for the Bulls quite some time. You never saw Magic or Larry whining about how bad their teammates are.

Cause they had great teammates

Magic got rid of a coach he didn’t like

He’s right and wrong.

Right because college does nothing but delay the process for NBA-ready guys like Zion. That delayed process brings injuries into play. IMO - 1 year delay from high school is a bogus rule.

BUT - The rule is unfortunately, the rule. Which makes him wrong. Zion has an obligation to Duke and his teammates. Period.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT