ADVERTISEMENT

“College is BS”

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
“Knowing what I know now? College is [expletive]. College basketball, the NCAA is [expletive]. My advice for him is do what’s best for you and your family. Obviously college isn’t. It does nothing for you at this point. You’ve proven you’re the No. 1 pick coming out, you’ve proven your talent. Get ready for the next level, because it’s happening. That’s my opinion, knowing what I know now.

Obviously when I was at that age, you know, you enjoy the moment, you enjoy the experience and all that. But it’s so many risks involved to get to the ultimate goal, which is this level.”

Demarcus Cousins re; Zion Williamson

Agree or no?

Reactions: hawkit3113
I like college basketball so much more than the NBA, so I selfishly hate that the ultimate goal is the nba. I want the ultimate goal to be an ncaa championship :(

Because everyone else in college is there for the experience only. Forget trying to prepare one's self for a meaningful, lucrative career. There are mathletics and keg stand championships in the offing!

I like college basketball so much more than the NBA, so I selfishly hate that the ultimate goal is the nba. I want the ultimate goal to be an ncaa championship :(

This. And the NBA will not suffer if kids stayed in college longer. There is plenty of talent in the NBA. In fact IMO, it's watered down from a star power stand point.

This. And the NBA will not suffer if kids stayed in college longer. There is plenty of talent in the NBA. In fact IMO, it's watered down from a star power stand point.

Disagree. Talent is as high as ever in the NBA, which is why even really good college players still struggle. Every team is loaded with high caliber athletes that are very skilled. You can't really be just a goon, you need skill

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Disagree. Talent is as high as ever in the NBA, which is why even really good college players still struggle. Every team is loaded with high caliber athletes that are very skilled. You can't really be just a goon, you need skill

I am talking star power. The league has plenty of talent. Not saying that.

Jon Teske is up to shooting 36% from three in conference play. I think he's playing as well as Wagner did last year which is pretty crazy.

Nothing selfish about it. Its why we're fans. I dont understand this new mentality where we're supposed to be about the player getting paid. IDGAF, they arent going to give me millions.

Agreed, but until oad is outlawed it won’t change. Cal wants it gone also as do I. I would rather have guys that want to be here than guys just looking to get their one yr out of the way

"Every team is loaded with high caliber athletes that are very skilled"

*Looks to see who has played for the NBA championship the last 4 years*

I disagree....

"Every team is loaded with high caliber athletes that are very skilled"

*Looks to see who has played for the NBA championship the last 4 years*

I disagree....

?

GSW has 2 of the best shooters in NBA history in Steph and Klay, a 6'11" Kevin Durant that can play all 5 positions, DPOY Draymond, and Boogie Cousins.

The Cavs had Lebron, Kyrie, Kevin Love

Then there's Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Harden, Dame Lillard, Giannis, Tatum, Embiid, Blake Griffin etc

I don't agree with the statement that there is less star power though. Almost every team has a superstar, or multiple.
Uh...no. A superstar is someone even your grandma would recognize. The Dream Team. Cmon now. Im a hardcore sports fan. If it werent for FanDuel I couldnt name a player on probably 20 of the NBA franchises. And I dont watch the games, I just use simple numbers to make informed decisions on there to win money.

IDGAF that these guys want to go and get paid. Good. Go. GTFO out of college and let guys who either want to play 4 yrs and get a degree play or guys who understand and accept they need 3 to 4 yrs to develop into pro form.

?

GSW has 2 of the best shooters in NBA history in Steph and Klay, a 6'11" Kevin Durant that can play all 5 positions, DPOY Draymond, and Boogie Cousins.

The Cavs had Lebron, Kyrie, Kevin Love

Then there's Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Harden, Dame Lillard, Giannis, Tatum, Embiid, Blake Griffin etc
Well that wasn't a shot at Golden State or Lebron's team of the moment......that was for the rest of the NBA.

Most all of these guys (DMC, et. al) spent years being told they were victims, and now they believe it, despite what their bank accounts say.

Oh, you got mostly exploited for your talent and labor, and made a good living for yourself? Welcome to America. Enjoy your stay!

For me, it's the other way round. I've tried multiple times to watch the NBA (even went to some games) and simply cannot be entertained by it. My attention to the NBA is usually just looking at former UK players' stats. College basketball is light years ahead of the NBA in entertaining, IMO.
Zion has an $8 million insurance policy if he were to get hurt and it cost him a certain level of draft status. He'll be fine, even if this injury was a lot worse.

That's exactly what Ben Simmons said as he threw his Jersey on the PMAC floor after his last game.

Well that wasn't a shot at Golden State or Lebron's team of the moment......that was for the rest of the NBA.

The 80’s were dominated by the Lakers and Celtics and the 90’s were dominated by the Bulls. How was that any different than now a days?

Jon Teske is up to shooting 36% from three in conference play. I think he's playing as well as Wagner did last year which is pretty crazy.

Huh??? Teske has improved from last year quite a bit, but he isn't even close to being the player Wagner was last year. Moe did a lot more than just hit 3s. He was also routinely taking guys off the dribble from the 3pt line in. I'm not even sure Teske knows how to dribble.

Superstars didn’t cry and join other teams when they couldn’t win a ship?

Yea they did. Players changed teams all the time in an effort to win championships. Moses Malone went to the 76ers a year after they were in the finals. Charles Barkley forced his way out of philly to get to Phoenix. Then Barkley again when he convinced Pippen to come to Houston. Karl Malone left Utah to go to LA. Shaq left Orlando to go to LA. Kareem left Milwaukee to go to LA. Players do the same stuff today as they have always done.

Last edited:
its more fun watching players develop over 4 years these just for Iowa
unranked 3* Marble ended up a 1st Team All BT 2nd rnd NBA pick who played in the NBA
unranked 3* White FR AA ended up 1st Team All BT 2nd rnd NBA pick sent over seas to work on a 3 point shot. which in my opinion was a waste of time. he is one of the highest paid players in Europe.

unranked 3* Jok 1st team All BT

3* by Rivals and a 4* by ESPN 1st team All BT 2nd Team AA

these are the players that I want to see play not some 1 n done who is only in college because he is forced to be there..

Never remember MJ doing that. Seemed like he played for the Bulls quite some time. You never saw Magic or Larry whining about how bad their teammates are.
MJ while in college was not even the best player on his college team. MJ blew up in the NBA.

Magic and Bird played in a totally different environment. where the thought of being 1 n done's were unheard of.

Reactions: rdgtr
Yea they did. Players changed teams all the time in an effort to win championships. Moses Malone went to the 76ers a year after they were in the finals. Charles Barkley forced his way out of philly to get to Phoenix. Then Barkley again when he convinced Pippen to come to Houston. Karl Malone left Utah to go to LA. Shaq left Orlando to go to LA. Kareem left Milwaukee to go to LA. Players do the same stuff today as they have always done.
Karl Malone played one season in La after he joined AARP and 18 seasons in Utah son. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Never remember MJ doing that. Seemed like he played for the Bulls quite some time. You never saw Magic or Larry whining about how bad their teammates are.

Yea, because they played for good organizations that cared about winning. You don’t see Steph trying to get out of Golden State. Harden isn’t leaving Houston. Westbrook has been in OKC his entire career, same with Lilliard in Portland.

Not every franchise is run equally. The history of the league has always been the same story. Guys who play for good organizations tend to stay long term. Guys who play for bad organizations want out. It’s no different than any other job market.

Reactions: cooljeff
MJ while in college was not even the best player on his college team. MJ blew up in the NBA.

Magic and Bird played in a totally different environment. where the thought of being 1 n done's were unheard of.
What are you even talking about?

Doesn't Boogie call it some of the "best years (plural)" of his life in that interview? Lol. He spent what, 6-7 months in college?

Yea, because they played for good organizations that cared about winning. You don’t see Steph trying to get out of Golden State. Harden isn’t leaving Houston. Westbrook has been in OKC his entire career, same with Lilliard in Portland.

Not every franchise is run equally. The history of the league has always been the same story. Guys who play for good organizations tend to stay long term. Guys who play for bad organizations want out. It’s no different than any other job market.
This is a different league. This is Bron Brons league

ADVERTISEMENT