ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas?

will-ferrell-elf.gif
we shall see

I hope Cal does bring all those recruits and tries to win with them like he did all those years at UK, none of the kids in this class are top shelf and most likely will all leave after 1 season, because that's what Cal's culture is. That’s 6 lower rated freshmen, which leaves very little scholarship slots for veteran players.
Man what a kick in the dick if he wins the title next year.

Last edited:
Man what a kick in the dick of he wins the title next year.

Cal's track record without John Robic as assistant:

10 years

1 conference championship
0 conference tourney championships
2 NCAAT wins
0 FF
0 NC (Obviously)

Not to mention his NBA flop

I don't think people understand just how bad of a coach Cal is. Winning a title at Arkansas would be an anomaly of anomalies.

And from what I heard (my kids went to school and church with Dewayne Peevey's kids) he never really tried to improve as a coach. Edit: let me clarify. DP didn't call him a bad coach. Just the things I heard (everything Robic ran team wise while Cal was doing everything from his own workout to entertaining guests).

if my two options to choose from in a prediction were:

1. National Championship
2. Spectacular failure

For Cal's Arkansas tenure, I'm going latter with 0 hesitation

Not unless another Anthony Davis comes along.
Spot on.

The other issue with Cal is, he plays favorites and he does it with the wrong players.
There was no reason to play Wagner and Edwards so much and there was definitely no reason to start them in each half. He never even wanted to talk about Sheppard or Dillingham and I have the feeling he hated that they were so much better than his favorites.

Like I said, when he came here, his thing was "if you can’t play, don't come here, I can't hide you". Now it's: "that's somebody's son and I don't want to take his heart". Apparently, the kids on the bench don't have parents.

Cal's track record without John Robic as assistant:

10 years

1 conference championship
0 conference tourney championships
2 NCAAT wins
0 FF
0 NC (Obviously)

Not to mention his NBA flop

I don't think people understand just how bad of a coach Cal is. Winning a title at Arkansas would be an anomaly of anomalies.

And from what I heard (my kids went to school and church with Dewayne Peevey's kids) he never really tried to improve as a coach. Edit: let me clarify. DP didn't call him a bad coach. Just the things I heard (everything Robic ran team wise while Cal was doing everything from his own workout to entertaining guests).

if my two options to choose from in a prediction were:

1. National Championship
2. Spectacular failure

For Cal's Arkansas tenure, I'm going latter with 0 hesitation

Yikes.

Forgot that he was on KU’s staff during Danny and the Miracles. Plus one of KU’s best teams ever in ‘86.

Then to UMass for their good years.

Memphis during the best 5 year stretch in their history. And Kentucky throughout all the Calipari tourney success.

Interesting.

Also interesting that his one attempt at being head coach was such a failure,

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT