ADVERTISEMENT

A shame on Jamal Shead for Houston

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Was one of those you root for. Guy was the heart and soul of that team and fun to watch just as a neutral. Their leader and talisman. Houston was up 8-0 early. and 18-10 when he went down for the game. Probably beat Duke by 10-12. Then definitely beat NCST for a meeting with Purdue and then likely UConn.

Doubt they beat UConn but it’s the game we all wanted all year a la Gonzaga-Baylor 2021.

wish the kid the best as he’s a kid you root on.

The Drake curse may have been real for UH

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
2 of last 3 natties. 3 of last 4 in the natty. Plus our 2020 AP #1 finish - call it 3 of last 4 natties.

The big 10 is the dogshit. Can’t win a title. Last one wasn’t even this century like The pac and Arizona. Who will be in big 12 next year.

Just jostling with people. Iowa St beat us by 30. I anit talking no shit about the Big 12.

But Iowa does own Kansas

The B1G and SEC are, in my opinion, the two most stable conferences. Football brings in the big bucks that support the other non-revenue sports. The addition of UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington was significant for the B1G. The addition of Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC was substantial.

The Big 12 just grabbed some leftovers as far as football goes. Utah, Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado are no replacement for losing Oklahoma and Texas. I have to keep a printed out list of schools in the Big 12 because every year it changes. Not stable.

The ACC in a basketball conference with a couple good football schools. Why does Florida State and Clemson want to stay in that league? They, the ACC, are scared to force Notre Dame to be ACC football and basketball because Notre Dame would bail. SMU, Stanford and California only weakens the football side.

The B1G and SEC should force the overhaul of the NCAA.

Houston is a much better team than Duke. Unfortunately for them, their backup big had a season-ending injury - and, of course, everything ran thread Shead. Houston's ball pressure decreased significantly once Shead left the game. I think they would have beaten us by double-digits and ultimately advanced to the Final Four, had he not left the game.

I've enjoyed watching Shead play more this season than anyobdy on Duke. His motor is next level.

Most people in the country didn't know who Shead was until one of his teammates knocked over the trash can and he took the the time to pick it up.

• Love
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I remember that video. Didn't know that was Shead.

That was back in December of 2021. It was a controversial ending as many thought there was a goaltend in the final second of a 1-point game. Was a tough loss for Houston, but a pretty cool way for Shead to make a name for himself among the college basketball world.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Houston is a much better team than Duke. Unfortunately for them, their backup big had a season-ending injury - and, of course, everything ran thread Shead. Houston's ball pressure decreased significantly once Shead left the game. I think they would have beaten us by double-digits and ultimately advanced to the Final Four, had he not left the game.

I've enjoyed watching Shead play more this season than anyobdy on Duke. His motor is next level.

You are correct sir. Appreciate your objective post.

The fact is Houston started up 8-0 and was up 18-10 when Shead went down.

They would have rolled. But the injury happened and Duke won

You are correct sir. Appreciate your objective post.

The fact is Houston started up 8-0 and was up 18-10 when Shead went down.

They would have rolled. But the injury happened and Duke won

Yep. Injuries happen, unfortunately. This Duke team is decent, but never felt like they were Final Four worthy. I can't see a healthy Houston team losing to Duke or NC State.

NC St gonna win this whole fvcking thing. Pretty sure animal sacrifice was involved.

DJ Burns would be an excellent cult leader. Very charismatic. I could see him in a long, black cloak, wielding his machete, preparing to sacrifice a goat. DJ Horne would be there to assist with a bucket, so the blood doesn't splatter everywhere. It might sound strange to many, but us folks in ACC country know that this is 100% plausible. There's no way that the NC State team we saw in February is the same team we've seen in March without some ritual sacrifice occurring.

Reactions: Ben Chode
ADVERTISEMENT